The Critical Thinking Challenge is a team competition,
open to all
individual students, from grades 3 – 6, that
practical application of mathematics, encourages
confidence, and increases learning skills, all while
80% of adults "strongly agree" that K-12 schools should teach critical thinking to students, according to a Gallup poll on American attitudes toward public education. While achievement in the classroom may depend on mastery of content in core subject areas such as math and reading, Gallup says it also "depends on more than knowledge of core content. Critical thinking , creativity, communication, and other soft skills, as well as student physical and social well-being, are also necessary for future success in higher education and in the workplace." (ProCon.org)
- Online registration only. Click the banner at the top of the page to get started.
- Registration period: March 13 - April 24
- 3rd to 6th Graders in the 2023 Spring Semester
- $10 non-member registration fee (FREE for Eye Level students).
- 25 Question Competition
- Regardless of the school grade, all participants will answer the same questions
- After the test, the Center Director will make one team consisting of 2 members based on the results
- One team per Eye Level Learning Center for the Regional Final Round
|Atlanta ( NC & TN )
|Lakeside Middle School
|Minverva Banquet Hall Plano
|Double Tree Lisle Naperville
|Embassy Suites San Francisco Airport (Grand Ballroom)
|NY & NJ
|Montclair State University (Conference Center Ballroom)
- Only teams who pass the 1st round will be invited to the Regional Final Round
- One team from each Eye Level Learning Center
- Two members per team
- To be eligible for the Regional Final Round, all team members must have registered online during the registration period
- Each student's school grade must be verified by submitting an approved document prior to participation in the Regional Final Round
- Total: 25 Critical Thinking Questions, which increase in difficulty as teams advance
- Questions 1 - 15 are elimination. If a team loses all of their "lives" during this section, they are out of the game.
- Questions 16 - 25: surviving teams compete to earn the most points.
- The teams with the most points will win 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.
- If there is a tie, tied teams will enter a tie breaking round.
The sample test questions are available only at your local Eye Level Learning Center.
Find the Nearest Test Location For You.